There could be various reasons why the internet speed can drop or be slow. Every device is different. They include, but are not limited to:
- The WIFI access point your device has connected to originally is far away due to moving from one part of the building to another. Generally, your device will flow with ease from one access point to another, however, each device behaves differently.
- Hardware restrictions on a device are affecting the internet speed. This includes older operating systems, older machines, and outdated software.
Before submitting a support ticket, please:
- Turn off and back on WIFI.
- It ensures that you connect to the closest WIFI access point.
- Perform a reboot on your computer and connect to the WIFI again.
- It will help refresh the computer equipment, resetting your network card which will enable a better connection.
Submitting a support request
If the issue continues, please submit a support ticket or click on the Help icon on the bottom right of the screen.
When submitting a support request, please include:
- A WIFI speed test. More information here.
- We will also need your device’s MAC address which you can obtain following the steps below.
2. Type cmdand select Enter on your keypad.
3. Type getmac and select Enter on your keypad.
4. You will see the address of all network connections on the device.
2. Click Advanced.
3. You will see the WIFI MAC Address at the bottom of the window.