WARNING: THIS BUILDING IS KEYLESS, YOU MUST HAVE A DEVICE WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES.
To unlock a nearby door you need to open the app and tap on which key you would like to use. If you do not see any keys nearby and see "searching for locks" instead under the 'Nearby' Unlock screen, this may be because:
- You're too far - Keys only show up in 'Nearby" if you are close to the door. You may not be close enough to the door, to use your key.
- You don't have access - You have not been sent a key by any administrator. Make sure you have access by reviewing your keys in 'Keys' tab before continuing. If you do not have access, please request the key from your Community Manager.
- You have a Private Office - If you see smart hardware instead of a keyhole, you have a Nexkey Office Lock. To learn how to unlock it, click here.
- Bluetooth is turned off - You must have Bluetooth on in order to use Nexkey. Ensure you have Bluetooth turned on and enabled location permissions for the Nexkey app.
If you are still unable to see any lock when standing within range of the door and confirmed you do have access, please try the following:
- Force close the Nexkey app and restart your phone. After a restart, Login to the Nexkey app and try to unlock the door again.
If you are still unable to see the controller after trying the steps above, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.